What do I do when my Android phone is locked?
Reset your pattern (Android 4.4 or lower only)
- After you’ve tried to unlock your phone multiple times, you’ll see “Forgot pattern.” Tap Forgot pattern.
- Enter the Google Account username and password you previously added to your phone.
- Reset your screen lock. Learn how to set a screen lock.
What causes Android phone to freeze up?
The most common cause is an unresponsive app which is taking up more memory than expected. Another possible reason is the age of your phone’s hardware. The older it is, the more likely it will slow down as it copes with more advanced OS and apps. Ways to help: There are a few things you can do.
What do I do when my phone is locked?
Reset your phone to factory settings
- Turn off your device.
- Press the volume down AND power button and keep pressing them. …
- Press the volume down button to go through the different options until you see “Recovery Mode” (pressing volume down twice). …
- You should see an Android on its back and a red exclamation mark.
How do I unlock my Android without Gmail?
How to unlock pattern lock without Gmail. Download the software from the “Free Download” buttons in this page and install it on the computer. Launch it and choose the “Screen Unlock” option. Enable “USB Debugging” in the Android device and connect it to the computer via USB cord.
Can I unlock my phone myself?
If you’re willing to unlock the phone on your own, here’s what you need to know. … And carriers such as T-Mobile offer apps that unlock phones. Before you unlock your phone, though, make sure it’s compatible with the new carrier’s network. Verizon and Sprint use a standard called CDMA, and AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.
How do I unlock my Samsung phone without the pattern?
Method 2. Use Android Device Manager to Bypass Samsung Password
- Visit google.com/android/devicemanager on other smartphones or PC.
- Log into your Google account that you used on your locked device.
- Choose the device you want to unlock in ADM interface.
- Click on the “Lock” option.
- Enter a password.
Why is my phone stuck on the startup screen?
Devices getting frozen can result from incomplete software updates or when the bootloader fails to work. The good thing is, there are no irreversible or fixable problems on the Android platform. The simple trick is to switch off the device, switch it back on and allow it more time to boot.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen android?
Press and hold the power button and volume UP button (some phones use power button volume Down button) at the same time; Afterwards, release the buttons after an Android icon appears on the screen; Use the volume buttons to choose “wipe data/factory reset” and press the power button to confirm.