Why is my android not connecting to WiFi?
Verify that your Android Wi-Fi adapter is enabled.
Before going any further, make sure that your Android device’s Wi-Fi radio is not in Airplane Mode and that Wi-Fi is on and ready to connect. Tap Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi as shown in Figure 1. If Wi-Fi is off, tap the slider to turn Wi-Fi on.
Why isn’t my phone connecting to my WiFi?
Reset Your Settings
Make sure something hasn’t gone awry with your WiFi by resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This resets all your saved WiFi networks and erases all passwords, so make sure you have your network name and password handy before you do this.
How do I fix my WiFi on my Android?
Step 1: Check settings & restart
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Make sure Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. …
- Press your phone’s power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart.
How do I fix disabled WiFi on Android?
Go to Settings, Connections, WiFi, Advanced, make sure Smart Network Switch is off. Uncheck Auto Connect, Check the WiFi On During Sleep setting, tap the Wi-Fi control history and see if it looks correct or has an app been taking control.
What to do if wifi is not connecting?
What to do when the internet is not working?
- Test a different device. Try another device, such as a smartphone or a tablet, and see if it will connect to Wi-Fi. …
- Look at your router and modem. …
- Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network. …
- Scan for viruses. …
- Call your service provider.
Why is my Samsung not connecting to the WiFi?
Make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled
Here, make sure that the icon that looks like an airplane isn’t highlighted, or says “On.” If it is, tap it to turn Airplane Mode off. You should also check that your phone’s Wi-Fi sensors are turned on. Launch the Settings app and tap “Connections” to make sure your Wi-Fi is toggled on.
Why does my WIFI work on everything but my phone?
Sometimes WIFI will work on everything but your phone.
Since WIFI is being used on another device it is clear that the connection is not the problem. First, be sure that your phones WIFI detector is on and can find networks near you.
Why is my Android phone connected to WiFi but no internet?
The first rule of IT-related fix is turning it off and on again, it fixes about 50 percent problems. So, if your phone is not connecting to the internet even if the phone is connected to the Wifi router. Go to the settings and turn the Wifi toggle off and on again and see if it fixes your issue.
Why does my WiFi on my android keep disconnecting?
You can disable this feature in your Android device by looking under the Advanced Wi-Fi settings for the option that allows the Android device to automatically switch away from a wireless network if it thinks the network is bad. … Auto Network Switch. Smart Network Switch.
Can’t connect to WiFi even with correct password?
I’ve entered the correct password, but I still can’t connect
- Double-check that you have the correct password. …
- Try the hex or ASCII pass key. …
- Try turning your wireless card off and then on again. …
- Check that you’re using the correct type of wireless security. …
- Check that your wireless card is properly supported.
What does it mean when your WiFi says disabled?
That means your router is (more or less) invisible to WiFi devices. If this is the case, simply turning WiFi off and back on should enable your phone to connect, as will (usually) long pressing and choosing connect.
How do you enable a disabled WiFi?
Disable Smart Network Switch
- Tap on Settings > WiFi.
- On the WiFi screen, tap on More (3 dots Menu icon) to launch a drop-down menu.
- From the menu that appears, tap on Smart Network Switch option.
- On the next screen, make sure that Smart Network Switch is set to OFF position.