Why can I receive email but not send?
If you can receive emails but can not send emails this usually means the authenication required by the outgoing (SMTP) server is not configured. … ‘My outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication’ is not checked. In Outlook it is in advanced settings.
Why can I not send emails from my Samsung Galaxy?
If you are unable to send or receive email, and there are no connection errors, there may be a simple solution. Reboot your phone and confirm the phone is connected to the internet by loading a webpage. You will not be able to send or receive emails without an active internet connection.
Why is my email not working on my Android?
If your Android’s email app just stops updating, you probably have a problem with your Internet access or your phone’s settings. If the app keeps crashing, you may have an overly restrictive task manager, or you may have encountered an error that requires clearing the app’s cache and resetting your device.
Why can’t I send Gmail from my phone?
Tap on your account and make sure you’ve checked “Sync Gmail.” Clear your Gmail app data. Open your device’s Settings app -> Apps & Notifications -> App Info -> Gmail -> Storage -> Clear Data -> Ok. Once you’re done with that, restart your device and see if that did the trick.
Why are my emails stuck in outbox?
Outlook emails stuck in outbox indicate that the message has not been sent, nor received on the other end, in spite of you moving them to the recipient, they still remain in your outbox, and here are some reasons why: Your email has an attachment that crosses the limit in size for sending emails.
What is an SMTP server for email?
An SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server is an application that’s primary purpose is to send, receive, and/or relay outgoing mail between email senders and receivers.
How do I fix email not sending?
Cannot send emails: How to fix email sending issues
- Check your internet connection. Yup. …
- Check your SMTP server details. This is an extremely common mistake: you have set up your mail client with the wrong SMTP parameters. …
- Verify all usernames and passwords. …
- Check your SMTP server connection. …
- Change your SMTP port. …
- Control your antivirus or firewall settings.
Can’t get emails on my Samsung phone?
Then go in to Email app > 3 Orange lines > Gear icon > Select account > Sync schedule > Set sync schedule > Auto. If this doesn’t work, go in to Settings > Apps > Email > Storage > Clear cache/data and restart the phone and set up your Email again, making sure that it is synced.
How do I send email from my Samsung phone?
How to compose and send a new email with Samsung Email
- Launch the Email app from your Home screen or the app drawer. It’s an envelope with a red “@” over the top of it.
- Tap the compose button. …
- Fill the To field with the recipient’s email address. …
- Enter your message in the message field.
- Tap the send button.
How do I fix my email on my Android phone?
How to Fix Email Not Working in Android Mail App
- 1 Make Sure I’m Connected to the Internet. One of the simplest checks we can do is to ensure the Internet connection is okay. …
- 2 Update the Gmail App. …
- 3 Restart your Android Device. …
- 4 Turn On Gmail Sync. …
- 5 Turn On Android Data Sync. …
- 6 Make Sure There’s Enough Free Storage Space. …
- 7 Check Email Password. …
- 8 Reset Gmail.
How do I reset my email on my Android phone?
You can reset your Android phone’s Gmail address, but only if perform a factory reset, which erases all user data on the phone.
- Press the “Home” button, tap the “Menu” button and select “Settings.”
- Tap “Privacy” on the Settings screen that appears.
- Tap the “Factory Data Reset” option on the Privacy screen.
Why is email not working?
Cause: Your credentials or account settings are incorrect.
Make sure that you have entered the correct email address, user name, and password. If your account still does not work properly, check with your email service provider for details about how to configure your account in a mail application.