Why does my computer not recognize my Android phone?
If your computer isn’t recognizing the phone at all, it may indicate a connection problem. … Try plugging the USB cable into a different USB slot on your computer, or a different computer all-together. Aside from a faulty USB port, outdated or missing drivers may cause this problem.
Why isn’t my computer recognizing my Samsung phone?
If your pc won’t recognise the Samsung phone, there may be a physical problem with the phone itself. … Make sure you phone is on with the screen unlocked. If the phone doesn’t vibrate or make a sound when you plug in the USB cable, there may be a problem with the USB port (where you plug the cable into the phone).
Why is my phone not detecting USB?
Go to Settings> Storage> More (three dots menu)> USB computer connection, choose Media device (MTP). For Android 6.0, go to Settings> About phone (> Software info), tap “Build number” 7-10 times. Back to Settings> Developer options, check “Select USB Configuration”, choose MTP.
Why is my phone not showing up on my computer?
Open Control Panel and go to Devices and Printers. If you manage to locate the name of your Android device, the MTP connection is working properly. If your device is named MTP or Unspecified, you’ll need to update some drivers. Fortunately, you can easily fix it by tweaking some settings in Device manager.
How do I enable MTP on my Android?
From the Home screen, touch and hold the Recent Apps Key (in the Touch Keys bar) > Settings > Storage > the Menu icon (at the upper-right corner of the screen) > USB PC connection. Tap Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP) to connect to the PC.
Where is USB settings on Samsung?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I connect my Android phone to Windows 10?
Connect Android or iOS Phone to Windows 10
- On your Windows 10 PC, open Settings app.
- Click on the Phone option.
- Now, to connect your Android or iOS device to Windows 10, you can start by clicking Add a phone. …
- On the new window that appears, choose your country code and fill in your mobile number.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize a USB device?
Windows 10 Not Recognizing My USB Device [Solved]
- Restart. Sometimes, a simple reboot fix unrecognized USB device. …
- Try a different computer. …
- Plug out other USB devices. …
- Change the Power Management setting for the USB Root Hub. …
- Update the USB port driver. …
- Change the power supply setting. …
- Change the USB selective suspend settings.
How do I enable USB tethering?
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.