Why is my phone not connecting to my wifi?
If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
How do I set my Android phone to automatically connect to WIFI?
Set to automatically connect to open networks
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi preferences.
- Turn on Connect to open networks.
Why I can’t connect to my wifi?
Check these Wi-Fi network issues first
Your solution may be as simple as restarting your router or plugging it back in. Is your device trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network? Although your device typically connects right to your home Wi-Fi network, it may be trying to connect to a different network.
Why does my WIFI work on everything but my phone?
Sometimes WIFI will work on everything but your phone.
Since WIFI is being used on another device it is clear that the connection is not the problem. First, be sure that your phones WIFI detector is on and can find networks near you.
How do I access my wifi settings?
In Android, settings menus vary from phone to phone, but once you find the Wi-Fi settings:
- Make sure your phone is connected to your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the network name.
- Look for a ‘gateway’, ‘router’ or other entry in the list.
How do I manually connect to WIFI?
Option 2: Add network
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- At the bottom of the list, tap Add network. You may need to enter the network name (SSID) and security details.
- Tap Save.
How do I activate mobile network on Android?
Data and network settings for Android phones
- Pull down the notifications panel and tap Settings (gear icon).
- Tap Mobile Data or More > Mobile Networks or More > Cellular Networks. …
- Turn ON or add a check mark next to Data Enabled or Mobile Data or Mobile Data Traffic.
- Enter the SaskTel browser and MMS settings (you must do this for multimedia messaging to work).
What to do if wifi is not connecting?
What to do when the internet is not working?
- Test a different device. Try another device, such as a smartphone or a tablet, and see if it will connect to Wi-Fi. …
- Look at your router and modem. …
- Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network. …
- Scan for viruses. …
- Call your service provider.
Can’t connect to WIFI even with correct password?
I’ve entered the correct password, but I still can’t connect
- Double-check that you have the correct password. …
- Try the hex or ASCII pass key. …
- Try turning your wireless card off and then on again. …
- Check that you’re using the correct type of wireless security. …
- Check that your wireless card is properly supported.