Why is my phone not showing up on my computer?
Open Control Panel and go to Devices and Printers. If you manage to locate the name of your Android device, the MTP connection is working properly. If your device is named MTP or Unspecified, you’ll need to update some drivers. Fortunately, you can easily fix it by tweaking some settings in Device manager.
Why does my computer not recognize my Android phone?
If your computer isn’t recognizing the phone at all, it may indicate a connection problem. … Try plugging the USB cable into a different USB slot on your computer, or a different computer all-together. Aside from a faulty USB port, outdated or missing drivers may cause this problem.
How do I fix my USB device not recognized android?
How to Fix Android USB Device Not Recognized but Charging Problem
- Try a new USB cable and another computer. …
- Connect Android device to PC directly instead of through USB hub.
- Reboot phone and connect to PC while in Airplane mode.
- Remove battery and SIM card, and wait a while, then put them back and reboot.
Why is my computer not recognizing my Samsung phone?
Check Your Phone’s USB Cable
If your Samsung phone won’t connect to PC, the first step is to check the USB cable that you are using to connect it to your computer. … Check that the cable is fast enough for your computer and/or is a data cable. Newer computers may need a USB 3.1 speed data cable to connect correctly.
Why isn’t my phone connecting to my computer via USB?
Please make sure the USB debugging is enabled. Please go to “Settings” -> “Applications” -> “Development” and enable USB debugging option. Connect the Android device to the computer via the USB cable. … You can use Windows Explorer, My computer or your favorite file manager to transfer files.
Why my computer is not showing the USB device?
Unplug the USB stick from the current port and computer, and try plugging into a different computer and/or USB port. … If the USB drive isn’t showing up even after trying a different port, computer, or checking in Disk Management, the drive is probably dead and needs to be replaced.
Where can I find USB settings on Android?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I enable MTP on my Android?
From the Home screen, touch and hold the Recent Apps Key (in the Touch Keys bar) > Settings > Storage > the Menu icon (at the upper-right corner of the screen) > USB PC connection. Tap Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP) to connect to the PC.
How do I enable USB tethering?
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize a USB device?
Windows 10 Not Recognizing My USB Device [Solved]
- Restart. Sometimes, a simple reboot fix unrecognized USB device. …
- Try a different computer. …
- Plug out other USB devices. …
- Change the Power Management setting for the USB Root Hub. …
- Update the USB port driver. …
- Change the power supply setting. …
- Change the USB selective suspend settings.