Why My PC is not detecting my phone?
Check USB Connection Settings
If you don’t have your Android device set as a media device (MTP) your computer is not going to recognize it. You can change this setting on many Android devices by going to your device’s “Settings” > “Developer options” > scroll down to “USB configuration” and tap on it.
Why is my phone not detecting USB?
Go to Settings> Storage> More (three dots menu)> USB computer connection, choose Media device (MTP). For Android 6.0, go to Settings> About phone (> Software info), tap “Build number” 7-10 times. Back to Settings> Developer options, check “Select USB Configuration”, choose MTP.
Why is my computer not recognizing my Samsung phone?
Check Your Phone’s USB Cable
If your Samsung phone won’t connect to PC, the first step is to check the USB cable that you are using to connect it to your computer. … Check that the cable is fast enough for your computer and/or is a data cable. Newer computers may need a USB 3.1 speed data cable to connect correctly.
Can I connect my Android phone to my PC?
With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification. Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer. An Android File Transfer window will open on your computer.
Where can I find USB settings on Android?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I fix unrecognized USB?
Method 4: Reinstall USB controllers.
- Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. …
- Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
How do I enable USB ports?
Enable USB Ports via Device Manager
- Click the Start button and type “device manager” or “devmgmt. …
- Click “Universal Serial Bus controllers” to see a list of USB ports on the computer.
- Right-click each USB port, then click “Enable.” If this does not re-enable the USB ports, right-click each again and select “Uninstall.”
How do I enable USB tethering?
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
How do I connect my phone to my computer via USB?
To connect your device to a computer via USB:
- Use the USB Cable that came with your phone to connect the phone to a USB port on your computer.
- Open the Notifications panel and tap the USB connection icon .
- Tap the connection mode you want to use to connect to the PC.
How do I connect my smartphone to my computer?
Find a proper USB cable for connecting the smartphone to the PC. If you still have the original cable that you got with your Android smartphone, use that one. Plug the USB cable into your Windows 10 computer or laptop. Then, plug the other end of the USB cable into your Android smartphone.