How do I get my PC to recognize my Android phone?
On your Android device open Settings and go to Storage. Tap the more icon in the top right corner and choose USB computer connection. From the list of options select Media device (MTP). Connect your Android device to your computer, and it should be recognised.
Why is my mobile not connecting to PC?
To connect your Android device to your computer, follow these steps: Please make sure the USB debugging is enabled. Please go to “Settings” -> “Applications” -> “Development” and enable USB debugging option. Connect the Android device to the computer via the USB cable.
Why doesn’t my PC recognize my Samsung phone?
If your pc won’t recognise the Samsung phone, there may be a physical problem with the phone itself. … Make sure you phone is on with the screen unlocked. If the phone doesn’t vibrate or make a sound when you plug in the USB cable, there may be a problem with the USB port (where you plug the cable into the phone).
Why is my phone not detecting USB?
Go to Settings> Storage> More (three dots menu)> USB computer connection, choose Media device (MTP). For Android 6.0, go to Settings> About phone (> Software info), tap “Build number” 7-10 times. Back to Settings> Developer options, check “Select USB Configuration”, choose MTP.
Where can I find USB settings on Android?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I enable MTP on my Android?
From the Home screen, touch and hold the Recent Apps Key (in the Touch Keys bar) > Settings > Storage > the Menu icon (at the upper-right corner of the screen) > USB PC connection. Tap Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP) to connect to the PC.
How come my phone only charges when I plug it into the computer?
Make sure your wire supports both charging and data. If it does then on the phone go to Settings->Storage->->3 Dots-> USB Computer Connection-> Change the mode from Charging Only to MTP or USB Mass Storage. If neither of these work then make sure you have drivers installed for your device on your computer.
How do I fix unrecognized USB?
Method 4: Reinstall USB controllers.
- Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. …
- Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
How do I enable USB tethering?
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.