How do I delete old messages on my Android?
This is how you can save messages, and delete old messages:
- Open the SMS app.
- Tap the three dots button in the top right.
- Go to Settings > Storage.
- Tick “Delete old messages” and in the drop down menu below, set the limit on the number of messages each conversation can have.
How do I permanently delete text messages from my Android?
How to Permanently Delete Text Messages on Android Phone
- Tap the required messages.
- Tap delete symbol and afterward select the messages inside of the conversation you need to erase.
- Tap Delete and tap OK.
- Then chosen individual messages will be erased.
Can you delete sent text messages?
Google implemented the undo send feature to its email platform for web last year and for Android, and recently added it to the iOS version. After hitting the send button, you can go back into the app and click the “undo” button immediately after.
How do I delete all my text messages?
How to delete all message threads at once
- In your Messages app, tap the More menu. on the upper right hand corner.
- Select Delete all threads from the options.
- Tap Ok to confirm deletion.
How do I delete all my messages?
How to Delete Multiple Android Messages at the Same Time
- Open the Messages app.
- Select a chat thread.
- Long-press on a message to highlight it.
- Tap any additional messages you wish to remove.
- Tap the trash can icon from the menu bar at the top of the app screen to delete the messages.
Where are deleted texts stored on Android?
The Android operating system stores text messages in the phone’s memory, so if they’re deleted, there’s no way to retrieve them. You can, however, install a text message backup application from the Android market that allows you to restore any deleted text messages.
How long do deleted text messages stay on android?
Yes, messages usually can be recovered from the phone (read other answers here, you have some tips). As for the carrier question; I dont know about the politics of your country/carrier, but in general, yes, they do store messages for about 3 months for user, and for about 1 year for premium users.
How do I permanently delete text messages from my Samsung?
Download it here and try to delete SMS from your Samsung phone.
- Step 1 Install Android Eraser on A Computer and Connect Your Phone. …
- Step 2 Select the Feature of ‘Erase Private Data’ …
- Step 3 Confim to Erase Your Messages and other Data. …
- Step 4 Select Security Level and Confirm.
When you delete a text message can the other person still see it?
Originally Answered: If you delete a text message, does the receiver still get the message? Short answer: Yes, they will still be able to see the message.
Can you delete texts from someone else’s phone?
The Ansa app allows you to delete text messages from both sender and recipient phones, when you’re “off-the-record.” … The app even lets you delete text messages that were already sent. If you think you sent something you shouldn’t have you can still delete it, hours, days or even months later.
Can someone tell if you delete their text?
Seeing if someone deleted a message you sent to them on their own device would be impossible without actually looking at their device. … Bottom line: If you’re trying to see if someone else is deleting messages on their own phone, you won’t be able to see that action without having access to their device.
How do I delete messages that won’t delete?
Go to App settings, Find Text messaging under “all apps” & Click on Clear Cache. It won’t delete all your text messages. Just the messages you’ve tried to delete in the past that haven’t deleted.
How do I delete the messages on my phone?
How to Delete Text Messages Android Phone or Tablet
- 1 Delete a Message. Open Messages. Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it. Touch and hold the message you want to delete. Tap the trash can to delete the message. …
- 2 Delete a Conversation. Open Messages. Locate the conversation you want to delete. Tap and hold the conversation.